Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Roach Parts

OK, so, I just sent the following email my office building superintendent:

Mr. Super,

I've been using the gym downstairs every day for the past 3 weeks, and I don't think the shower has been cleaned in that entire time.

There are dead bugs on the walls and roach parts on the ground that have been there for at least 2 weeks. I know because I killed the roach, and watched every day as it gradually lost cohesion, finally ending up being roach “parts” rather than a roach.

Anything you can do will be appreciated by me and my colleagues.

Thanks!
I ask you, readers, is this the kind of question I should ever have to ask??? I mean, cleaning a public shower (I thought) was pretty standard at places that go through the trouble of having one. Or, instead, should I be asking myself why I even stepped foot into the shower in the first place when I am deathly afraid of roaches and generally grossed out by germs? To that, I say that I am serious about my daily workout (and not paying gym fees to somewhere probably less sanitary - like Bally's).

Now, I eagerly wait to see if the gym gets cleaned, or if I'm going to have to file suit when I catch MRSA from that cesspool.

2 comments:

becky said...

For the record, I don't believe the lady's restroom has been cleaned in the past three weeks either. Where's my evidence? A piece of mud (I hope) has graced one of the stall floors and keeps getting smushed with every passing day. Does that mean they don't clean the bathrooms? Do they just "wipe off" the visible surfaces? What qualifies as a surface worthy of a wipe? Toilet seat? Or are they conserving cleaning products? I have more questions than answers. I'm going to the managment, for I will NOT hold it all day long! GRRRRRRRR!

CatMorgan said...

Just wanted to say I thought that "gradually lost cohesion" is a great phrase to describe a roach turning into roach parts. Eeew.

-the cat