Friday, October 12, 2007

The Goracle Has Performed a Miracle

He's almost a fully-fledged prophet, now! The ever-swelling braggart now has an Academy Award and a Nobel Peace Prize. A peace prize, you say? I know. I was confused, too. I thought maybe he had formally announced that he would be dropping the notion of man-induced global warming... that might bring some peace to his duplicitous soul. But nope, that wasn't it. He pulled off a miracle (of sorts)... the guy won a peace prize because of his work on climate change.

What?

Yeah, it confuses the heck out of everyone else, too. Can one come to the conclusion that this award is anything but politically motivated? As the UK Daily Telegraph spells out for those who still don't get it:

Climate change is a threat to the environment, not to "peace" and international order. The prize has gone to some sleazy recipients in the past, but at least you can make a case that their actions staved off bloodshed.
Wow. I think I might be qualified for this prize based on my work in finger painting. It's very good. It's so good, in fact, that I'm sure it could stop a war. Well, maybe a fist-fight between a couple of monkeys, at least.

No comments: