Friday, December 08, 2006

A Peace Bombing... At a Mall

Since Islam is a "religion of peace," I don't know what else to call this terrorist plot. According to an FBI affidavit, Derrick Shareef wanted to commit "violent acts of jihad" and "disrupt Christmas." He also said (and you won't find this on CNN), "I swear by Allah man, I’m down for it too, I’m down for the cause, I’m down to live for the cause and die for the cause, man." He also talks about stabbing Jews and uses a number of racial slurs that I won't bother repeating because you get the point.

The MSM (mainstream media) will play this story as some nutjob acting alone. Now, while I don't dispute that, the fact that he's using Islam as his justification is just as newsworthy. And that particular piece of information is also what will be underreported. We need to be sensitive. Spare me. It's a motive, and motives are important. Never mind the fact that his motive and desires to kill the infidels are shared by hundreds of millions of people across the globe.

UPDATE: According to LGF, Derrick, AKA Talib Abu Salam, made a martyrdom video. Text:

This may be my last will and testament, the last words I have spoken to those who know me, to those who do not know me. My name is Talib Abu Salam Ibn Shareef. I am 22 years of age. I am from America and this tape is to let you guys know, who disbelieve in Allah, to let the enemies of Islam know, and to let the Muslims alike know that the time for jihad is now....Be strong, oh Mujahaideen. Be strong oh brothers who want to fight for jihad...This is a warning to those who disbelieve, that we are here for you, and I am ready to give my life.

No comments: