Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Echinacea Prevents Colds

You know, back when I first tried this remedy about 15 years ago, I was a big believer. If I felt a cold coming on, I would take echinacea, and voila! I wouldn't get sick. The problem was, it's hard to prove something that didn't happen, would've happened. You know what I mean? Eventually it got to the point where I was getting paranoid about getting sick, and popping echinacea pills constantly. I thought to myself, this can't be good... and I learned to relax.

But now, according to this new study, my balance between the fear of getting sick and a desire to prevent it is about to get rocked. Apparently taking echinacea with vitamin C can reduce your chance of getting a cold by 86%! That's a big deal.

So will I be buying bottles of preemptive echinacea again? Probably not. At least, not until I feel the sniffles coming on...

No comments: