Monday, December 19, 2005

Having the Flu Sucks

So, it's been about 6 years since I've had a bonafide case of the flu - and even that was minimal compared to viruses past. Today, I sit at home (missing my office Christmas party) because I ache all over and feel generally like crap. It's looking up to be a rough week, possibly being the worst bout with the flu I've had in a decade. And all of this 3 days before I'm supposed to get on a plane for a 5 hour trip across country. If there is one thing I hate worse than being sick, it's travelling on an airplane sick. $*@#!!

On top of everything else, I'm a big believr in that cold remedy called Zicam. I'm sure many of you have heard of it. It's the one that claims to shorten the duration of the common cold. Well, marketing gimmicks aside, it really works! So I've been squirting that stuff up my nose every 4 hours for the last day until I just realized that it was a COLD remedy, and had zero affect on the flu. Double-turds!

So I'm back to square one. The aches and pains are killing me.

No comments: